DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
This Data Privacy Notice is intended to ensure that you are aware of what personal data Knock Child Contact Centre Limited (KCCC) (we, us, our) NI608957 with a registered address at 18 Gilnahirk Rise, Belfast, BT5 7DT holds in relation to you, and how we use that data as a data controller.
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of your personal data.
Your Right to Object
Please note that you have a right to object to processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest.
This Data Privacy Notice applies to you, whether you are a past, current or prospective employee (including those that may be unsuccessful in the application process), partner, worker, volunteer, applicant, interview candidate, intern, agency worker, consultant, individual contractor and director or a user or a child of a user at one of our centres.
Where we refer to ’employee personal data’ or ’employment’ in this Data Privacy Notice, we do so for convenience only, and this should in no way be interpreted as purporting to confer employment status on non-employees to whom this Data Privacy Notice also applies above. This Data Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment and does not confer any contractual right on you, or place any contractual obligation on us.
It applies to all personal data relating to you collected, maintained, transmitted, stored, retained, or otherwise used (i.e. processed) by us regardless of the media on which that personal data is stored. We may update this Data Privacy Notice at any time and will notify you in writing of any changes.
What is Personal Data?
‘Personal Data’ is defined as any data relating to a living individual who can be identified directly from that data or indirectly in conjunction with other information.
We hold some or all of the following types of personal data in relation to you (where appropriate):
- Contact/identifying details including name, address, date of birth, photo, marital status, emergency contact details;
- Monitoring forms which include details of your community background and gender;
- Curriculum Vitae and/or application form, previous employment background, references from previous employers, educational details, professional and/or academic transcripts;
- Salary and benefit details including bank details; National Insurance number, tax information;
- Where applicable, documentation relating to your membership in our car scheme, pension scheme and participation in relevant health insurance scheme and any third party beneficiaries
- Job description, history and details of current position;
- Contract of employment, signed confidentiality agreement, dates of employment, information as to your next job when you leave KCCC; reasons for leaving, termination arrangements and payments, exit interview;
- Interview records and performance assessments (including probationary assessments), data relating to training and development needs or records of training and, where relevant, executive objective forms;
- Leave data including documentation which may be provided in connection with any statutory, sick leave, annual leave, maternity or paternity or shared parental leave entitlements;
- Data relating to any accommodations or adjustments in connection with any incapacity;
- General correspondence and correspondence and minutes of meetings relating to grievance and/or disciplinary processes, data arising in connection with litigation and complaints, involvement in incident reporting and disclosures;
- Records of email and internet usage in accordance with our email and internet policy;
- Premises and IT access including system and login and access records, download and print records, call recordings;
- Any CCTV images captured through the legitimate use of CCTV within KCCC;
- Information about gifts received/given for the employee and family members; and/or
- Information about potential conflicts with your family members that impact on your role or with KCCC.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing
We will hold, process and may disclose personal data provided by you for the following purposes:
- Recruitment/appointment including assessing your job application;
- Provide you with building and IT access;
- Payroll and finance including paying salary, reimbursing expenses and administering benefits;
- Keeping attendance records;
- Performance appraisals and management of performance;
- Benefit payments and administration; and
- Administer employment termination.
- Monitoring and promotion of equal opportunities, including the review of community background, gender breakdown and progression;
- Monitoring use of it and communications in accordance with our it, email and internet policy;
- Provide references;
- Investigate and respond to complaints from personnel, clients, business partners, regulators; and
- Maintain emergency contact details.
This use of your data is necessary for our legitimate business interest in managing our business including legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and for the prevention and detection of crime provided our interests are not overridden by your interest. Please note that you have a right to object to processing of your personal data where that processing is carried on for our legitimate interest.
- Manage health and safety at work and report on incidents;
- Comply with our regulatory (for example disclosing tax data to the office of the HMRC) and professional requirements;
- Monitoring community background and gender breakdown of your employees, applicants, appointees and, in some instances, promotes and leavers for the purpose of completing annual monitoring returns and Article 55 Revises as required by the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland; and
- Exercising our right to defend, respond or conduct legal proceedings.
This use of your data is necessary in order for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
We may, from time to time, (i) ask for you consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose; and/or (ii) process your personal data (including special data) in order to protect your vital interests or the interests of another.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain categories of your personal data are regarded as ‘special’. Special data includes information relating to an individual’s:
- Physical or mental health;
- Religious and philosophical beliefs;
- Your marital status;
- Political opinions;
- Trade union membership
- Ethnic or racial origin;
- Biometric or genetic data; and
- Sex life and sexual orientation.
Consequently we only process such data where necessary for:
- the purpose of carrying out the obligations, and exercising specific rights, of KCCC or of an employee under employment law;
- the assessment of your working capacity; and/or
- the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If we wish to process your special personal data for any further purpose, we will seek your explicit consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent to that processing at any time.
Data Relating to Crimes
We will only process data relating to your criminal convictions or involvement in criminal proceedings when permitted or required by law, or where provided voluntarily by you.
Where you do not provide your Personal Data
If you do not provide us with your personal data we may not be able to process your job application, suitability for a particular role , your pay or other benefits, or suitability to attend one of our centres comply with our legal obligations or manage our business. We will tell you when we ask for information which is a contractual requirement or needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Recipients of Your Personal Data
It may be necessary from time to time for us to disclose your personal data to third parties or agents, including without limitation to the following:
- Third parties or agents of clients to assist in the administration, processing and management of certain activities pertaining to past, current and prospective employees;
- Individuals or companies employed by us to carry out specific services, functions or consultancy work including external reference agencies, email monitoring, provision of services related to employee and family securities accounts and other financial institutions;
- Relatives or legal representatives of past, current and prospective employees;
- Regulatory bodies to whom we are obliged or required to disclose information including the Office of the Industrial Tribunals and Fair Employment Tribunal, the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland other relevant regulatory / governing bodies, Health Trusts, courts and court-appointed persons;
- Insurance companies and other health insurance providers or trade unions;
- Insurance or assurance companies;
- Legal and medical practitioners and occupational health specialists;
- Pension providers;
- Potential purchasers or bidders;
- Relevant Government departments and agencies; and
- Other support service providers necessary to support the organisation in the services listed.
We will inform you in advance if we intend to further process or disclose your personal data for a purpose other than the purposes set out in this Data Privacy Notice. We take all reasonable steps, as required by law, to ensure the safety, privacy and integrity of such data and information and, where appropriate, enter into contracts with such third parties to protect the privacy and integrity of such data and any information supplied.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for the purposes described above. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your personal data.
It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers who act on our behalf. We will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of such personal data. You can obtain information concerning such safeguards from the HR Department, where applicable.
Security and Storage of Personal Data
We securely store your personal data in a centralised database, with controlled access to such database. Access to personal data (including special data) in both electronic and paper form is restricted to members of the Board and employees who have a legitimate and justifiable reason to view such data.
An employee’s data will be stored for the duration of their employment and retained to the extent necessary to enable us to comply with any legal obligations or for the exercise or defence of legal claims following termination of employment. Unsuccessful applicants’ personal data will be stored for three years then destroyed in accordance with our legal obligations.
For users and for children of users of our centres, we will retain your data for three months following the completion of you time with our centres. Thereafter we will irretrievably delete your data from our systems and where this data is held in paper format we will confidentially shred your information.
Weekly attendance sheets will only held on the most recent 9 months period.
Where an email has been forwarded by your solicitor/CCO/social Worker in relation to your case, the centre’s email system is encrypted to ensure your information is kept safe. In addition if a child/ren are referred on the child protection register then those details will be held in accordance with Data Protection guidelines.
You should keep us informed of any changes to your personal and special personal data.
You have a personal responsibility to ensure that any personal data in relation to our employees to which you have access to in the course of your work is protected from unauthorised access or disclosure. If you become aware of a data breach or a potential data breach in respect of personal data please report the matter immediately to the HR Department.
For Employees of KCCC You should be aware that disclosure by any employee of KCCC of another person’s personal data in contravention of this Data Privacy Notice will be treated by us as a disciplinary offence.
It should also be noted that, under data protection law, individuals may be fined and/or prosecuted for any improper use or unauthorised disclosure of such personal data.
Your Data Rights
You have several rights in relation to your personal data. You have a right to:
- access a copy of your personal data held by KCCC;
- request rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- restrict our use of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- move (or port) personal data which you have given us to process on the basis of your consent or for automated processing;
- object to the processing of your data where our legal basis for processing your data is our legitimate interests; and
- not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling which has legal or similar significant affects.
However, these rights may not be exercised in certain circumstances, such as when the processing of an employee’s data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the exercise or defence of legal claims. If you wish to exercise any of your rights in this regard please contact the HR Department. We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than within one month after of receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how your personal data is being handled.
If you require any further clarification regarding this Data Privacy Notice, please contact:
Acknowledgment of Receipt of KCCC Employee Data Privacy Notice
- I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the KCCC Data Privacy Notice.
- I acknowledge that the KCCC Data Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and that it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
- I understand that the KCCC Data Privacy Notice may be updated at any time and that KCCC will notify me in writing of any such changes.